BUILDING BETTER MEN RETREATS
Building Better Men Retreats allow every chapter member to build a strong, principled brotherhood.
About Building Better Men Retreats
Building Better Men Retreats take the concept of a chapter retreat to the next level. Highly experienced Delta Upsilon staff members and volunteers facilitate a weekend-long retreat geared toward jumpstarting the chapter and charting a path to future success.
The retreat is tailored to meet specific chapter needs. This includes defining effective brotherhood within the chapter, identifying chapter priorities and creating a plan of action. Each member is given a voice in the future of the chapter through a series of activities that emphasize problem solving, innovation, vision-setting and action planning. To close the retreat, every member is asked to take ownership for the future of his chapter by making a commitment to his specific role in the creation of a better future for Delta Upsilon.
Building Better Men Retreats have gone virtual! This fall, your chapter can still take part in this valuable program through a customized virtual retreat!
Reasons to host a Building Better Men Retreat:
- Take your chapter to the next level
- Become/remain an award-winning chapter on your campus and within DU
- Examine what your chapter is really like
- To challenge your members and your entire chapter
- Increase effectiveness of communication between your members and alumni
- Tackle issues facing your chapter and university/college community
- Shape the future of your chapter
- Identify the future leaders of your chapter
- Create goals and action plans for the year ahead
RequirementsA chapter looking to host a Building Better Men Retreat must:
- Require their membership to attend the entirety of the scheduled program
- Have the entire Executive Board in attendance for a leadership meeting with facilitator and for the entirety of the program
- Encourage advisors to participate in the program
- Secure an on-campus meeting space that is outside of the chapter facility
- Facilitate an all-chapter brotherhood event following scheduled program