Trouble Uploading Your Barcode?
1. How to Save your Barcode as an image on your phone. And how to upload your barcode image to BBMYOU
- Go to Blackberry Messenger
- Select Profile Name Located on Top Heading Bar
- Scroll down to "Display My Barcode" Press ok.
- With Barcode displayed on sceen press "Blackberry Button"
- Select "save image"
- Confirmation Screen with pop up, make sure the image of the barcode is placed in "pictures" file. Select 'save' press ok.
The picture of your barcode will be saved on your phone.
2. Adding your Barcode to BBMYOU.com from a Computer.
2A. Add barcode using Blackberry USB Cord.
- Connect USB cord to your Blackberry Phone and then to your computer.
- A Message will pop up on your phone asking if you would like to "enter mass storage mode" Select "Yes", Press OK button.
- Put the phone down and focus on your computer. Keep the cord connected.
- Click on "My Computer." Under the heading drives you will see the "blackberry". Open the "Blackberry" drive.
- Inside the "blackberry" drive you will see a file folder called 'blackberry', open it.
- Look for the "pictures" file folder and open it. This is the same file you made sure to save your barcode to back in the first tutorial video.
- Once you have found and opened 'pictures' look for your barcode image.
- Once you have found it, drag it, copy and paste or move it onto your computer. You can drag it right onto your desktop or save it to any folder you like. This can be done by right clicking the mouse.
Once the barcode image is saved on your computer, go to BBMYOU.com and upload barcode, BBMYOU.com will ask you to locate the image on your computer in the file you have just saved!
2B. Email your Barcode Image.
- Once you have saved the Barcode Image from step one, go to your phone's e-mail.
- Click the "Blackberry" button and select 'compose email'
- Enter your own e-mail address and the 'subject'. After that scroll down to the main text area and press the "blackberry" button again, scroll to 'Attach File' and press OK
- A directory of the files on your phone will pop up on the phone's screen. First click on "Media Card"
- Then click on the 'blackberry' folder.
- Then click on the 'pictures' folder. This is the same file you saved the barcode to in Step 1.
- Select your Barcode Image, Press Ok.
- After file is attached, Send email.
- When your on your computer next, open your email, save the barcode image you have sent yourself to your computer and proceed to BBMYOU.com to upload the barcode image.
Once the barcode image is saved on your computer, go to BBMYOU.com and upload the barcode image, BBMYOU.com will ask you to locate the image on your computer, in the file you have just saved!